- 1-2 lbs venison steak, sliced into thin strips. You can use a meat mallet to tenderize if needed.
- 1 lb bacon (regular cut not thick)
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- Optional add-ons: jalapeno, bell pepper strips, pineapple
Beka Garris’s Venison Poppers
Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
Season steak with salt and pepper
Cut each strip of bacon in half, so you end up with two shorter strips.
Lay a piece of venison steak over the bacon. They should be relatively the same size.
Spread with roughly 1 tablespoon of cream cheese.
Top with a pinch of cheddar.
Roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks. (Soaking your toothpicks in water for an hour prior to using them will help prevent them from catching on fire.)
Grill ten minutes each side, until bacon is crisp. Serve immediately.
This recipe comes from GMG enthusiast and game hunter, Beka Garris. To learn more about Beka and how she utilizes her grill, check her out on Instagram @bekagarris