Pesto Pizza Pie
What better way to lure someone over for dinner than with the smell of a freshly baked, homemade pizza? With a Green Mountain Grill, everyone’s favorite delivery dinner gets a gourmet makeover and can be cooked to perfection in as little as 3 minutes. That’s half of the time it’d take to call in a phone order for takeout, but results in more than double of the quality and flavor! Take note that this recipe calls for our Green Mountain Grill pizza oven attachment, which you can find here (definitely insert a hyperlink).
Setting your grill’s temperature to just 350 degrees creates heat in the pizza oven of approximately 800 degrees – the standard for what you’d get in a restaurant that uses real brick, wood-fired pizza ovens. A bare pizza crust is a home chef’s opportunity to be creative, so feel free to substitute our topping suggestions for your favorites, or any special, seasonal ingredients you have on hand. The total active time is 3-4 minutes, with some rotating, to fully cook the pizza.
Let’s Get Started
- Flour, for dusting your prep surface
- Cornmeal, enough to generously coat your dough to prevent sticking
- Your favorite store-bought pizza dough
Topping combination suggestion: Pesto Pizza Pie
- Alfredo sauce
- Good-quality pesto, 1 small jar
- Shredded mozzarella
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Basil, fresh, 1 bunch* (Note: add freshly torn basil leaves after pizza has cooked)
- Rosemary, fresh, 1 sprig (Note: add fresh rosemary after pizza has cooked)
- Set your grill temperature to 350 degrees.
- Prep your work surface with a generous scatter of flour.
- Prepare your dough according to package directions.
- Spread a generous layer of cornmeal on your Green Mountain Grill pizza peel to prevent the dough from sticking to it.
- Carefully, transfer your dough to your pizza peel. Note: this is best done in one swift movement, rather than slowly.
- Top your pizza dough with desired ingredients.
- Put your pizza in your grill and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling, and crust is golden.
- Remove pizza from grill, and allow it to rest on your pizza peel for approximately 2 minutes, or until the cheese has stopped bubbling.