See your nearest dealers
We can do these Baked Beans the easy way, or we can do it the hard way. If you like easy, then skip the next paragraph. This makes enough for about 6 hungry people, or 8 not-so-hungry people. Who doesn’t like Baked Beans?
Let’s Get Started:
- Soak 1 ¼ cups of navy beans overnight in cold water. In the morning, cook the beans in the same water for about an hour or more until the beans are tender. In the meantime, fry about ¼ lb. of bacon (or cook it on your Green Mountain grill at 275° for about 20 minutes). Drain the beans, but keep the liquid. Mix the bacon into the beans.
- Easy: use canned Campbell’s Pork and Beans
- Mince a small onion and sauté it in 1 teaspoon of the bacon grease or butter until translucent. Add 2 tablespoons of molasses, ¼ cup of dark brown sugar, ¼ cup of GMG Cattle Drive BBQ Sauce, 1 teaspoon of dry mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add this mixture to the beans your prepared or to the Campbell’s beans if you used the lug nut method. Stir in an 8 oz. can of crushed pineapple, including the liquid. Pour this into a disposable aluminum pan. Add the water you saved, making sure the beans are immersed.
- Bake in your grill at 165° for an hour, and then turn up to 325° for an additional hour.