Jerk’m Jerky is a spicy sweet explosion of flavor in every single bite. We love to fire up the Grill and get our smoke on for hours on eat to perfect this Jerk’m jerky recipe. Dried meats have always been a part of cultures around the world and having your own tasty version of it always helps people remember who the best grillers are. Take your jerky game to the next level and wow all of your friend with your fantastic taste in dried meat and flavor profiles. This is an easy recipe to master and you can use it as a base to build up your own flavorful combinations to use in a variety of different ways. You can throw it on a salad, mix it with cheese to a savory charcuterie board for your guests, the possibilities are vast.
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 quart of water
Jerky Preparation and smoking
- Cut the sirloin roast into 1/2 in. thick strips. Trim fat.
- Combine the marinade ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Add the sirloin strips to the marinade and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Turn on the smoker and Set the grill to about 185°.
- Remove the sirloin strips from the marinade and pat dry.
- Smoke 3-5 hours or until you are satisfied with the texture.
Make sure you pack your Jerky in an Air-Tight bag out of in a cool place to ensure maximum freshness that is if you manage to keep it that long.