See your nearest dealers
Appliance Parts Company
6825 S. KYRENE ROAD
Phone: (480) 755-0006Open Map
BBQ Island Scottsdale
14987 N Northsight Blvd
Phone: 480-503-1110Open Map
Best BBQ's & Islands
16255 N Scottsdale Road STE C-4
Phone: 480-922-8390Open Map
This is an easy cook, so you can do it even if you’re feeling a bit petulant. It presents well, tastes great, and will earn accolades from your diners. I make this for Tina frequently just so that I can hear her rave about it. These Cornish Game Hens as small game flow that have an excellent flavor and can always be one of your standby when you need a dish that both looks amazing and has a taste out of this world. You can stuff your bird with a multitude of different fillings for a unique hen of your own.
Cornish Game Hens Preparation
- Thaw your birds overnight or longer in the refrigerator, or in cold water for several hours.
- Prepare one box of Uncle Ben’s Long Grain & Wild Rice for each 3 birds you plan to cook. Let the rice cool to room temperature.
- Wash the hens thoroughly, inside and out, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Spread a small amount of olive oil on the hens, especially in the cavity.
- Rub inside and out with a generous amount of Green Mountain Poultry Rub.
- Turn the grill on to 320°. (it will default to that temperature automatically.)
- Stuff the cavity of each bird with your rice mixture.
- When your grill’s temperature stabilizes, put the hens inside, directly on the grate, with the breasts up (wings down).
- Cook for about 90 minutes or until leg moves freely in socket and skin is golden brown.