Monterey Bay Smoked Salmon
Your Green Mountain Barbecue can make the meanest smoked salmon. This recipe works best if you have 24 hours to marinate the Salmon, but the final product worth the extra time and effort.
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
Let’s Get Started
- Combine marinade ingredients and mix thoroughly. Set portion aside for basting
- Marinate the fish overnight in the refrigerator.
- Set grill at about 180°.” Smoke the salmon for about 5-8 hours until you like the texture. You can sprinkle the marinade over the fish while it cooks for added flavor and aroma while it smokes.
A “Seal-A-Meal” gadget works great for keeping this fish fresh for quite a while.