Smoked salmon not only tastes great but offers health benefits as well. It contains Omega-3 which lowers blood triglycerides and helps prevent clotting. It is high in Vitamin E, an important antioxidant. It is low in carbohydrates. Eat up!
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- ½ cup of Kosher salt
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- ¼ cup onion powder
- 3 teaspoons white pepper
This will make enough for about 4 medium salmon filets.
Let’s Get Started:
- Lay a sheet of Saran Wrap on the counter and sprinkle a layer of the dry mix on it. Then, place the first filet on it, skin side down. Sprinkle a layer of the rub mix on this piece of salmon and lay the next filet on it, skin side up. Then, add a layer of dry mix on the skin of this filet, and then place the next filet on that, skin side down. Continue until you’ve used up all the filets. Wrap the whole thing up in Saran Wrap and seal tightly.
- Refrigerate for 12-36 hours, flipping every six hours. Remove form the refrigerator and wash the salmon.
- Dry on a wire rack at room temperature for about two hours, or until a slight yellowish film appears on the salmon.
- Smoke at 150-180°F (66-82°C) for 5-8 hours to a minimum internal temperature of 150°. held for 30 minutes. It will be safe but juicy at this point; extending the time will result in drier salmon if that’s your preference.
- After removing from the grill, be sure to wrap in aluminum foil for about 30 minutes to settle the juices.