- 16-20 peeled and deveined shrimp
- 4-5 skewers
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 an orange
- 1/2 tbsp coarse black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- GMG Sizzle Rub
- Sweet Smoke Q Spicy Sauce
Jim Elser’s Spicy Skewered Shrimp
This recipe is a quick crowd pleaser and comes from our friend with Jim Elser at Sweet Smoke Q. With citrus oil slathered across skewered shrimp, its a refreshing plate perfect for a summer afternoon. Spice it up with Sizzle rub and your favorite spicy sauce if you want to bring the heat. Citrus and spice to make your BBQ taste nice!
– Fire up the grill to 375.
– Skewer shrimp in a “lollipop” fashion.
– Juice a lime, lemon, and 1/2 an orange. Add olive oil while whisking to combine ingredients into a citrus oil. Add salt and pepper to the mixture.
– Brush the citrus oil onto the skewered shrimp. Dust Sizzle rub over each side once thoroughly brushed.
– Place shrimp skewers on the grill.
– When the shrimp begins to turn pink, slap some sauce onto either side.
– Finely chop one jalapeno with a small handful of cilantro while the shrimp cooks.
– Let the shrimp come to 140 internal. Be sure not to overcook the shrimp, or else the texture becomes rubbery.
– Place skewers on a bed of arugula, Juice any leftover lime on top, sprinkle with jalapeno, cilantro, and enjoy!