Black Pepper Smoked Jerky was developed in several cultures before the use of refrigeration, as a way to store food for longer periods of time. It remains a tasty and nutritious snack that many people continue to eat and create everyday. You can use your Green Mountain Pellet Grill to make your own healthy dried beef jerky from the comfort of your home.
- 3 lbs. lean beef or game meat, thin sliced with the grain
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ cup dry White Wine or cooking sherry
- ¼ cup GMG Cherry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- *1-2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (optional for heat)
Mix all the ingredients (except the meat) in a glass or plastic bowl. Make sure to dissolve all of the sugar. Put the liquid and the meat into a one gallon Zip-Loc bag, seal tightly, and refrigerate for 3-12 hours. The longer the meat marinates, the more intense the flavor.
Drain the juices on a wire rack or a wad of paper towels. Smoke at 165°F (74°C) for 6-12 hours. Jerky is done when it no longer feels soft. Longer smoking times yield drier jerky.