The Basic Smoke (fish)
You can use your favorite fish for this smoked fish recipe. Salmon generally works best. Roughly 4 pounds of fish cut into 3 in. x 4 in. chunks, skin on.
- 1/4 cup Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 quart of water
- Optional – add 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper for spicy.
Let’s Get Started:
- Combine the Marinade ingredients.
- Put the fish in the Marinade – skin side up.
- Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and rinse the fish.
- Pat the fish dry and allow the fish to reach room temperature.
- Set the grill for 150°-175°.
- Put the fish skin side down on the grill.
- Smoke for 2-5 hours or until you like the texture.
Enjoy on a cracker with cream cheese and fresh herbs. Refrigerate after smoking.