Firecracker Salmon Steaks
A delicious pellet grilled salmon recipe, great for summer time barbeques. Firecracker salmon is boldly flavored with a sweet delicious finish. Start with 4 Salmon steaks (6-7 ounces each), skin on. Follow steps below.
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 5 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh minced ginger or ginger powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
Let’s Get Started:
- In a small bowl combine the sauce ingredients.
- Rinse and pat dry the salmon.
- Let the salmon come to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Apply sauce liberally to both sides of the salmon.
- Set the grill at 400°.
- When the grill reaches temperature lay the salmon with the sauced side (skin) down on the grill.
- Brush the exposed side of the salmon with sauce and continue basting with sauce while cooking.
- Cook for 4 – 5 minutes per side until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Serve with a fresh green salad and some garlic cheese bread.